About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Whoa, I suddenly have 'boobs' again.

Albeit temporary boobs. What a trip. I was kind of getting used to this flat chested thing...but today...after my second expansion there's a marked difference. The plastic surgeon injected 100cc's (compared to 60 last time). So far, I just feel some mild pressure, but I fully expect to be pretty sore tomorrow.

I have to say, I figured I would have a hard time with the mastectomy...but in reality (pain aside) it's been refreshing. I look so much thinner and I can button up my shirts and coats. So now I'm of two minds about reconstruction. On one hand I'm looking forward to it so I don't look like such a mangled mess. On the other....well...I can't make up my mind about how large I end up going. Very confusing, and I need to make up my mind soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment