About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Twas the night before surgery

...and I have to thank everyone for the emails, texts, phone calls and Facebook messages of good thoughts! You all are awesome and I am so thankful to have such wonderful, caring friends and family. Oh and a belated thank you to Suzanne for organizing a happy hour "toast for the ta ta's" outing last week with some co-workers/friends. I had a blast and really appreciate everyone getting together for the big send off.

****************

The most challenging part of the today was making sure I had everything taken care of and covered at work! It's been a wild week getting ready this, I can't help but think I forgot something. I finally just had to leave, otherwise I would have worked until 10:00 pm again. Why is it that four weeks sounds like such a long time, when normally it goes by in a blink?

I ended the day on a high note with a massive sushi dinner (thanks Kev!), my first bite of sushi since September 29! Yes, I have been longing for sushi since that day.

Okay, time to get things ready for the morning. I check in at the UW Surgery Pavilion at 6:30 am. I'll log back on with an update of how things went as soon as I can. I know it will be fine...hell I may even surprise everyone and show up at work on Monday. (Kidding Cari...I promise I'll take at least a week off ;)

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment