About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Next step...surgery

February 3 is the target date for surgery. EECK. Now that I'm here, I'm getting nervous. Actually now that I have more information (thanks in part to Google), I'm freaked out. This is a way, way, way bigger deal than I initially realized.

My surgeon, Dr. Byrd, is recommending that I take a six week leave of absence from work. I'm hoping that it'll only be 3-4. Roughly a week after surgery I'll have the pathology report back. That'll tell us whether there is cancer present in my lymph nodes. Fingers crossed there isn't. Once that is determined then I can start moving forward with the next stage of treatment and reconstruction.

Stay tuned folks...the fun isn't over yet! And thanks for hanging in there with me.

5 comments:

  1. I will not only keep my fingers crossed, but be sending even more positive energy your way! Love you! Auntie Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, Thanks for keeping us informed with this blog. I really appreciate your transparency. You are a blessing!
    Love, Cory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending you all the mojo I can muster! This step might be a rough one, but with all this support, it will be just that much easier. We love you and won't let you go it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is YIKES. Well okay, that's not really helpful. The main thing, the really important thing is that you have already tackled so much sickness and tough shit and you made it through with humor and your typical Amberview...very impressive. You'll make this too. I hope it helps to know how many people love you and are crossing fingers for tomorrow (makes it really hard to type).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always in my thoughts. Keep having your marvelous attitude and all will be ok. Love you bunches and bunches. Sara

    ReplyDelete