About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

T-minus 10 days til bald

Last Wednesday I was able to try on the two wigs I ordered at William Collier Design. My anticipation was palpable as she started to place the first (and least expensive) option on my head.... Wawawaaaaaa. Oh man it looked like a bad wig. Bummer. Auditions for Hairspray anyone?

Now for option 2. Here it goes, man I hope this looks good.... Ahhhhhahhhhhh. Yes! It was hard to tell where my bangs ended and the wig began. Of course the "luxury" wig is going to be the one! I had to thank William Collier's wife, it was her idea to order this one just in case. It really does look like my own hair when I walk out of a salon. So the upside to this all...a year plus of perpetually shampoo-commercial-worthy hair!

So now, a week from Wednesday (which would've been just shy of two weeks after first treatment and typically when hair starts to go) I go in for a hair 'appointment'. They'll shave my head, if I want, then do the 'cut in' on the wig. I walk in with hair and out with new hair.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Now, originally I thought I'd be REALLY supportive & shave my head as well, but Lee put the kybosh on that, sooooo...I'm putting a pink streak in my hair. I only wish I could twitch my nose & your cancer would be gone, but since I can't, I'll be as supportive as I can in other ways!

    Love you tons,
    Auntie Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    Except for a few scheduling bumps, things seem to be rolling along nicely. I am amazed at how well you are managing all this. I can't wait to see you in the wig! Have you decided what you are doing with the "old" hair?
    I love you and lots of hugs! Cory

    ReplyDelete