About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Tough morning...

This morning has been a hard one, for a number of reasons. The first...I'm a bit sad since I should be getting on a plane to Europe today. I know, I know...just postponed. Still, it hit me.

Number two: my scalp is really sore and tender...a sign that my hair will be falling out any day. It's a strange feeling to have your hair hurt. Hard to explain.

And finally number three: I'm feeling really sick and super fatigued this morning. It's a bit frustrating since Friday was better than the previous week, and Saturday was okay...but I started to go downhill last night. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how hard it's been to get water down this weekend. So now I'm trying to suck down the Pedialyte as fast as I can.

Ouch, late breaking news....I just scratched my head and a bunch of hair came out :( Boy as prepared as I thought I was for this... sucks, I guess this is really happening. Thinking if I have enough energy today, I'll take some scissors to it and cut it to the scalp.

4 comments:

  1. Awww....sending many hugs, tons of love & gobs of positive & healing energy to you!

    I wish I could make this all disappear for you.

    I love you soooooo much!

    Auntie Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I could say something to make it less painful and sad for you. Keep the best thoughts you can and know that we are all thinking of you and pulling for you every step of the way, Ambo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sucks!!! At least you're on your way to being done with the treatment, your new hair looks fab and I hope it helps to know how many people are thinking of you and sending strong, loving thoughts. And I have a prezzie for you...I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow. Hope things are a little better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I think I'd say to you someone has just said - I love honest folks, ones who will say it sucks, wish I could..., etc. Because sometimes we need to let people know it's okay to be frustrated, pissed, or whatever! I am not one of those persons that can handle the "it will all be better soon" every time!!!! Sometimes it is just gonna suck. And I want you to know - I'm okay with you telling us that!!! I do wish I knew something I could say or do to help. If you think of anything let me know!!! Jay Jordan and I were talking about you last night at dinner - Jay said you and Katy would make great roommates and Jordan said he didn't think he could live with you two!!! It was funny - I think the strong independent woman wouldn't be where his downfall is - he said ya'll wouldn't let him go hunting!!! It was pretty humorous! Anyway - love you girl. Still praying and still wishing you EVERY good and wonderful thing I can think of!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete