About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Darn, I'm not a mutant.

I also received the results of the genetic BRAC test. I do not carry the marker that makes me susceptible, if you will, to breast or ovarian cancer. Being that there isn't a family history it's not surprising...but I thought perhaps, I was a mutant and may have super powers :)

This is really good news for Cory and Erika, and for myself...I don't have to worry about ovarian cancer down the road.

I guess this whole thing is a fluke. Lucky me!

1 comment: