About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If I never see another scan...

PET and CT (that's right, I hit the jackpot and got two in one) scans this morning. As far as scans go, they were not horrible. The MRI was a lot harder to sit through...I'll have to post backward and describe the fun of breast MRIs. But I diverge. The thing that got to me today was the CT prep.

Try drinking two good sized bottles of a disgusting, translucent white, viscous, fake blueberry-flavored swill. I think I have a good idea of what Fear Factor contestants go through now. It took me a half hour to get through it all, one tiny sip at a time. I know...common sense says to just guzzle...I tried that after some good-natured ribbing from the technician about how slow I was going...but noooo...that would've had me starting over from scratch. It was all I could do to keep it down. Be thankful I'm not going into the after-effects of this so-called beverage.....

No comments:

Post a Comment