About Me

My photo
2010: After my cancer diagnosis, my sister Cory suggested I start a blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my treatment. What a great idea! Check back as often as you like. I'll try to post as much as I can, at the least after major doctor's appointments. 2014: On to more exciting topics! First up, Helsinki 2014.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

YESSSSSSSSS......

Dr. Kovach, the oncologist from Overlake called this afternoon with results from the PET and CT. All is clear!! The only areas that lit up were the three known tumors. But he did reiterate they are really aggressive based on appearances...so the fact that the rest of my body, and more importantly my lymph nodes, are all clear is a great thing—but that also means I need to figure out which direction I'm going with chemo and get a move on. No pressure, eh? :)

I didn't realize just how nervous I had been regarding the outcome, however, after hearing the news there was a palpable weight lifted from my shoulders. I believe I may have even done a happy dance at my desk.

4 comments:

  1. Happy dancing in Springtucky! We'll keep praying about wisdom for treatment and we are glad you have good options to choose from.

    Lots 'o love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more question I've been thinking about...have you checked or heard any possibility of insurance covering part of the hair prosthesis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Good to hear! I'm tickled pink & would be doing handsprings if I could.

    I was talking to a friend of mine who had breast cancer & she said the one piece of advice she could give you is avoid sugar while you're going through treatment...Smooches, hugs & gobs of love! Auntie Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, we'll give you a pass on ONE Happy Dance at work...;-)

    Actually, I am hoping you do more of them -- everywhere.

    ReplyDelete